THE TRAIN SERVICES ON KRCL ROUTE
Days on KR Route
|Jan-Shatabdi Express||LTT(Kurla)||Madgaon||2051||Except wed|
|Konkankanya Express||CST Mumbai||Madgaon||0111||Daily|
|Mandavi Express||CST Mumbai||Madgaon||0103||Daily|
|Matsyagandha Express||LTT (Kurla)||Mangalore||2619||Daily|
OTHER EXPRESS TRAINS AT MADGAON STATION
|Hazarat Nizamuddin - Vasco Goa Express||2780||Daily|
|Vasco - Hazarat Nizamuddin Goa Express||2779||Daily|
|Yeswantpur - Vasco Express||
|Vasco - Yeswatpur Express||
|Vijayawada - Vasco Express||
|Vasco - Vijayawada Express||
|Mangalore - Verna – Mangalore||KR1 / KR2||
|Karwar - Madgaon – Karwar||KAM1 / KAM2||
|Dadar - Ratnagiri – Dadar||KR3 / KR4||
|Diva-Sawantwadi - Madgaon - Sawantwadi - Diva||KR5 ,KR7 / KR6 ,KR8|
Train route extended to Hapa
Train No 6333/6334 Rajkot-Trivandrum-Rajkot Express has now been extended to Hapa in Gujarat. The train will now be recognised as Hapa-Trivandrum-Hapa Express.
The KR-2 UP/593 Mangalore-Margao train will leave Canacona at 12.25 hrs and will be reaching Margao at 13.50 hrs. KAM-2 UP Karwar-Margao train will leave Canacona at 6.26, Balli at 6.40 and will be reaching Margao at 7.10 a.m.
All trains depart from Londa & Miraj as conversion of gauge is underway in the State.
Goa Express/Mahalaxmi Express - Londa*Miraj*Bombay 16:00 hours
Rani Chennama Express - Londa*Banglore 19:35 hours
Mahalaxmi Express/Sahyadri Express - Miraj*Bombay 20:40 hours
Londa-Mumbai Miraj link for Mahalazmi Express - 14:55 hrs
Mumbai Express Train Departures Margao - 1825 hours
Margao-Mangalore Express (dep. from Margao) - 8:15 hrs
Margao-Mangalore Passenger (dep. from Margao) - 14:10 hrs
Margao - Tel : 723950
Vasco - Tel : 512833, 512398
Panjim - Tel : 232169
Konkan Rly - Tel : 235054
Below are some of the timings of Konkan Railway trains, picked up from a brochure available for three rupees at the KR station at Karmali (formerly called the Old Goa Station). This time-table is dated May 1, and one might add that there have been reports of lengthy train delays these days. Anyway, the timings are:
* From Bombay to Goa and vice versa: Train number 0111DN From V.T.Station in Bombay (now called CS Terminal) to Margao Departure at 10.30 pm and arrives at Margao at 10.15 am the next day. Stops at Pernem, Tivim, Karmali (Old Goa) and Margao. RETURN TRIP is number 0112UP from Margao to VT Station Leaves Margao at 6.25 pm and arrives in Bombay at 6.35 am next day. Stops at Karmali (Old Goa), Tivim and Pernem.
* From Delhi to Trivandrum via Goa, the Rajdhani Express (2432DN): Leaves Delhi (Nizamuddin station) on Wednesdays and Thursdays 11 am. Touches Margao at 1.05 pm the next day. Very few stops enroute: at Panvel, Ratnagiri, Sawantwadi, and Margao. From there, train goes on to Kankanadi (near Mangalore), Ernakulam and Trivandrum, now officially called Thiruvananthapuram at 5.30 am next day. RETURN TRIP leaves Trivandrum every Friday and Saturday at 7.30 pm and touches Margao at 12.05 the next noon. You will be in Delhi by 1.50 pm a day later, going by the official time-table. It is number is 2431UP.
* From Bombay (Kurla station) to Kerala (Ernakulam) via Goa: Netravathi Express Leaves Kurla at noon, and touches Karmali/ Old Goa at 9.52 pm same night, and Margao at 10.27 pm. Stops in Goa only at these two halts. Return trip is the 6636 UP Netravathi Express, leaving Ernakulam at 04.45 am and touching Margao at 7.25 pm, Karmali/ Old Goa at 8.03 pm and Bombay the next morning at 5.35 am.
* From Bombay (Dadar) to Ratnagiri ... the slow passenger train that stops everywhere: KR 3 DN leaves Dadar at 3.30 pm. But it will take you till Ratnagiri only, outside the northern border of Goa, dropping you there are 11.05 pm at night.
* Connecting Ratnagiri to Karwar is a passenger train KAR 1 DN Leaves Ratnagiri at 1.20 pm, touches Pernem at 5.05 pm, Tivim at six pm, Karmali/Old Goa at 6.19 pm, Verna at 6.39 pm, Majorda at 6.54 pm, Seraulim at 7.04 pm, Margao at 7.20 pm, Bali at 7.45 pm, Canacona just after eight pm.
FARES: Margao to VT in Bombay between Rs 141 (for mail express) to around nine hundred fifty rupees for a two-tier air-conditioned ticket. Margao to Mangalore is Rs 47 for passenger trains to Rs 94 for mail or express trains. Please note: Under the old British style of numbering trains, those going away from the capital (in this case, southwards) are called DOWN or DN trains. Those going towards the north are called UP trains. Please send any correction/updates to Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTSCRIPT: Kurla-Mangalore Express
2619DN/2620UP has been introduced as a
daily service from July 1. Margao-Mangalore and back
trains stand cancelled from July
15 "due to poor patronage" says an official
The Netravati Express -- which once linked Bombay and Cochin via Gulbarga, Guntakal, Erode, Coimbatore -- will now run on the Konkan Railway. And the journey to Kerala will now be reduced by more than 500 km and 10 hours.
The train will run via Thane, Panvel, Ratnagiri, Chiplun, Old Goa, Madgaon, Cancona, Karwar, Kumta, Murdeshwar, Bhatkal, Kundapura, Udipi, Surathkal, Kankanadi (Mangalore), Kasargode, Kangakad, Cheruvathu, Payyanur, Kannapuram, annanore, Tellicheri, Badagar, Calicut, Parapungadi, Thirur, Kuttipuram, Shornur, Trichur, Alwaye.
6636 Dn will departs from Kurla, Bombay at 2020 hours and reaches Ernakulum 26 hours later at 14.45. And 6636 Up will depart from Ernakulum at 0445 hours and reaches Kurla at 0535 hours.
The one way fare to Kerala is Rs 312 by sleeper class, Rs 832 by three tier air conditioned class and Rs 1,530 by second air conditioned class. The one way fare to Madgaon, Goa is Rs 208 by sleeper class, Rs 518 by three tier air conditioned and Rs 954 by second air conditioned class.